Theories on life...

This blog is intended as a place for me to share my thoughts, ideas and theories. And to have them challenged. I want to be able to explore who I am, my relationship with God and my place in the world. And I want to question everything! (Including my overuse of the word 'I'!) Blog you later...

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Was, and is, and is to come!

I am currently reading a book; Rivers in the Desert, which is a collection of prayers and meditations, that was given to me to use as I journeyed through DDP. I've found I can only read a little at a time, as there is continually an interesting thought or idea that provokes me.
I liked this sentence; 'Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come', because it generates an image of God as beyond the mere scrap of understanding that we can hope to establish as human beings. It suggests that He is beyond our reckoning, and that we are completely at the mercy of such a timeless being. I find this image to be incredibly comforting, as it allows me to trust in His plan, and in His knowledge, a knowledge that stretches beyond the constraints of our time.
This book came with many pencil markings, and thanks to the dilligence of it's previous reader I can tell you that this verse came from Rev. 4:8b!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey al,
great post.
can't wait to hear more of your thoughts, you're so well articulated!
It is a comforting idea of God, isn't it?
love Mase xoxox

10:05 am  
Blogger Digger said...

Haha, I had a feeling you'd be back on the blog train at some stage Ali-good work!

Look forward to reading more of your stuff!

5:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home